Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Barack on JAGs

Here's one I blogged on my MySpace, but figured it's worth cross-posting over here...

Obama's not my #1 right now, but with comments like this

I also will reject a legal framework that does not work. There has been only one conviction at Guantanamo. It was for a guilty plea on material support for terrorism. The sentence was 9 months. There has not been one conviction of a terrorist act. I have faith in America’s courts, and I have faith in our JAGs. As President, I will close Guantanamo, reject the Military Commissions Act, and adhere to the Geneva Conventions. Our Constitution and our Uniform Code of Military Justice provide a framework for dealing with the terrorists.

he's moving up the charts.

See the whole speech, which I recommend, here.

No comments: